Davao Medical School Foundation
About Davao Medical School Foundation
Davao Medical School Foundation Inc is the first Philippines medical college on Mindanao Island that has been founded in Davao City in 1976. This college is preferred by the students as the top-class facilities to study medicine in this Philippines Medical college. Students choose Davao Medical School Foundation to pursue MBBS degree where they get gain excellent clinical knowledge.
Davao Medical College Philippines has committed to fulfil dreams of International medical aspirants seeking to study medicine abroad from a quality Philippines medical college. At DMSF we aim to provide education and services with emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement. Our primary aim is to give back to the world Healthcare Professionals of the highest caliber in all respects.
Course Duration: 6 Years after class 12 / 4.5 Years after graduation
University Recognition: NMC, CHED, WHO
Annual Tuition Fees: $5100 USD (average)
Location: Manila, Philippines
Overview - Davao Medical School Foundation
|Accepted Examination||NEET Qualification|
|Annual Tuition Fees||5100 USD (approx.)|
|University Ranking||Country – 50|
World – 8549
|Course Duration||5 years + 1-year internship|
|Medium of Instruction||English language|
|Recognition & Accreditation||WHO, NMC, PAASCU|
The Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc. envisions healthy communities enjoying quality life.stakeholders around the world.
- Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc., inspired by the community orientation of the Founders, commits to:
- Provide humane and integral health sciences education and services with emphasis on primary health care in the complementation of instruction, research, patient, community health care and community engagement.
- Develop and nurture God-centered, competent, compassionate, ethical and socially responsive graduates, faculty, staff and health care providers.
- Forge strong partnership and networks with consortium members and other stakeholders in the areas of health and community development.
- Keep at pace with global developments in health sciences education and health care services.
The School of Medicine aims to:
- Prepare students to practise medicine in the service of God and humanity;
- Instill in students the human qualities of dedication to duty, kindness, patience and compassion;
- Encourage and maintain awareness on social and economic conditions of the country and of the world at large;
- Equip students with adequate knowledge and skills in basic medical sciences, the clinical disciplines, and preventive medicine;
- Inspire students to keep abreast with developments, innovations and researches in the field of medicine; and
- Motivate students to pursue life long learning in their field of specialization.
Why Choose AMA
Training hospital tie-ups: The AMA School of Medicine has tie-ups and affiliations with three hospitals for clerkship and practical exposure for its medical students. There are over 1000 beds in these hospitals. There is a steady flow of patients providing an excellent training ground for students studying MD or MBBS. Students get ample structured exposure in these hospitals. Pasay City General Hospital, Quirino Memorial Medical Centre (QMMC), —–
Hostel and living conditions: The AMA School of Medicine has contracts with Apartments and boarding houses located within 500 meters radius for students which serve as its hostel. A range of housing options is available from non-air-conditioned to air-conditioned rooms at prices ranging from 3,500 to I 0,000 Pesos per month per bed on sharing basis. There are plenty of eating places nearby. Indian food & catering arrangements are made for students from India. Laundry arrangements are there for students.
Transportation and Communication: Manila International Airport has several international flights from many countries. It is the gateway of international flights to the Philippines. In Manila Tricycle and Jeepneys are readily available and very cost efficient for travelling. Metro station also lies about 1.5 k.m from the college.
Advantages of joining Davao Medical School Foundation
- The Philippines Medical college has 6th position for providing the best medical service in the Philippines country.
- 6 major hospitals are nearly associated with the DAVAO MEDICAL SCHOOL FOUNDATION
- MCI and WHO Approved medical Philippines Medical College.
- English medium of study has been preferred here, which is an international language
- Better connectivity with the reputed medical institutions
- Worldwide Secure college to study MBBS
- The innovative and research-based learning methodology
- Here medical syllabus is based on US patterns
- The tourism department declares Davao city the best living city in the Philippines
- Indian scholars are available in the majority of the college
- More focused to increase the practical activities for the students
After class XII:
- Student should have passed class 12 with at least
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 and passed in English
- Should have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 11
- Preference will be given to students with better academic credentials
After class bachelor degree: 4 Year MD (MBBS) course:
- Students should have passed Bachelor with science
- Student should have passed class 12 with at least
- Minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 and passed English
- Should have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 11
- Preference to students with better academic credentials
The Admission Procedure in the Philippines is quite easy and simple. To take admitted to medical school, you have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria then you can proceed with the process. You should precisely follow the steps to avoid any hassle at the time of admission. Contact RARE EDUCATION for taking admission to the AMA School of Medicine. Follow some simple steps to get admission to the AMA School of Medicine:
Step 1: Fill out the Application Form with RARE EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
Step 2: Candidates are required to submit their scanned documents to RARE EDUCATION. Before submitting the documents cross-verify them.
Step 3: It takes about one or two weeks to review your application and issue a Confirmation Letter.
Step 4: Deposit the fees in the University’s Bank Account.
Step 5: Finally visit the Embassy of the Philippines for visa Application and other procedures. There are 4 Honorary Consulate Generals of the Philippines namely – New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Candidates for the MBBS programme must present the following supporting documentation for successful admission:
Syllabus & Tenure of Education
The syllabus is drawn up by doctors educated in Harvard Medical School, USA, and meets the latest international standards of Medical Education. Students after class XII take 5 years to complete medical education. Students with bachelor’s Degrees take 4 years to complete medical education. Pre-Medical: Students from India after class 12 first enroll in a pre-medical course for 2 years to get equivalency in the Philippines and be eligible for admission to the 4-year medical course. Students with a Bachelor’s Degree can be admitted directly to the MD course.
MD or MBBS Course:
The Medical Course in the Philippines is MD and equal to MBBS in India. The five-year medical course progresses from the study of the normal to the abnormal human being. Most subjects are yearly courses taken up for two semesters. The final year or clinical clerkship is mainly spent in actual patient care in affiliated Hospitals serving as the clinical laboratory. Hospital rounds and group discussions give the student a good perspective on bedside manners diagnosis and management. The clerks rotate through the different clinical departments for 48 weeks with periodic evaluations. The University has an arrangement with 3 hospitals Govt. Hospitals and the AFP Hospital for Clerkship.
MD 1st year: Normal Human Body
Cell and basic tissue (Integumentary system 1), Musculoskeletal system 1, Hematology and Immunology 1, Head and Neck, Special Senses, Gastrointestinal and Nutrition 1, Reproductive system, Endocrine system 1, Cardiovascular system 1, Pulmonary system 1, Renal system 1, Genetics, Perspectives in medicine and history of medicine, Applied Epidemiology, Behavioral medicine 1, Practice of Medicine 1
MD 2nd Year: Clinical subject
Pharmacology, Microbiology and Parasitology, Pathology, Cardiovascular system 2, Pulmonary system 2, Renal system 2, Hematology and Immunology 2, Infectious Disease, Musculoskeletal system 2, Integumentary system 2, Research Methodology, Medical Bioethics, Medical Research 1, Medical Information, Behavioral Medicine 2, The Practice of Medicine 2 (History taking, Physical Examination, Diagnostic Skills)
MD 3rd Year: Mechanism and Management of Human Disease
Clinical Neurosciences, Special Senses, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal-Nutrition, Men, women, and Children’s Health, Management of Health Programs, Behavioral l Medicine 2, Research projects, Legal Medicine and Medical Jurisprudence, Medical Informatics, Special Lectures, The Practice of Medicine 3 including Procedural Skills.
MD 4th Year: Post Graduate Internship Program (18 months):
Community Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Psychiatry, Anesthesia, Clinical Laboratory, Radiology, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Orthopedics and Trauma.
- The exchange rate is subject to change. The exchange rate on the day of the transaction will be considered for the tuition fees.
- There will be no increase in fees during the duration of the course
Yes, AMA School of Medicine is recognized and accredited by various organizations and governing bodies, including the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). It is also listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
The medical program at AMA School of Medicine has a duration of five years, which includes a one-year clinical internship. Students undergo both classroom-based learning and clinical training to gain comprehensive medical knowledge and practical skills.
Yes, all classes at AMA School of Medicine are conducted in English. English proficiency is essential to ensure effective communication and understanding among the diverse student body and faculty.
AMA School of Medicine offers scholarships and financial aid programs to deserving students. These opportunities are typically based on academic performance, financial need, or other specific criteria. Students can inquire about available scholarships during the application process.
AMA School of Medicine provides extensive clinical training opportunities in collaboration with its partner hospitals and healthcare institutions. Students gain hands-on experience and exposure to various medical specialties, ensuring a well-rounded education.
Yes, AMA School of Medicine offers postgraduate programs, including residency training and specialization options, allowing graduates to pursue advanced medical education and specialization in their chosen fields.