AMA School Of Medicine
About AMA School Of Medicine
The AMA School of Medicine is a Private college and one of the AMA Education Systems for scientific education which was established in the year 2008 and is located in the heart of the city of Makati, Philippines. It is identified through numerous major worldwide groups withinside the world, which includes the World Health Organization, National Medical Commission.
The AMASOM has numerous centers like advanced laboratories for the enhancement of the student’s practical abilities and medical knowledge. The institute accepts admission in MBBS publications from many nations and the medium of education used is English language. The MD degree at AMASOM is diagnosed through the NMC as equal to the MBBS degree similarly provided withinside the UK, Australia, India, and different Commonwealth countries. Also, they offer MBBS at a cheap price of average Rs. 3 lacs annually.
Course Duration: 6 Years after class 12 / 4.5 Years after graduation
University Recognition: NMC, CHED, WHO
Annual Tuition Fees: $5000 USD (average)
Location: Manila, Philippines
Overview - AMA School Of Medicine
|Annual Tuition Fees
|3900 USD (approx.)
|Country – 104
World – 17920
|5 years + 1-year internship
|Medium of Instruction
|Recognition & Accreditation
|WHO, NMC, UNESCO
AMA will be the leader and dominant provider of relevant globally recognized information technology-based education and related services in the global market.
AMA University shall provide a holistic, relevant, quality and globally recognized IT-based education in all levels and disciplines with the objective of producing professionals and leaders responsive to the needs of Science and the international community cognizant of the welfare and benefits of its men and women thereby realizing their potential as productive members of the society for the honor and glory of God Almighty.
AMA aims to produce competent medical practitioners who are educated on an innovative case-based curriculum that will develop students to become self-directed and lifelong learners – qualities that will prepare them for professional practice. This is a hybrid curriculum designed to synchronize the basic science concepts and to utilize case-based scenarios to integrate concepts related to the basic science disciplines.
Why Choose AMA
Training hospital tie-ups: The AMA School of Medicine has tie-ups and affiliations with three hospitals for clerkship and practical exposure for its medical students. There are over 1000 beds in these hospitals. There is a steady flow of patients providing an excellent training ground for students studying MD or MBBS. Students get ample structured exposure in these hospitals. Pasay City General Hospital, Quirino Memorial Medical Centre (QMMC), —–
Hostel and living conditions: The AMA School of Medicine has contracts with Apartments and boarding houses located within 500 meters radius for students which serve as its hostel. A range of housing options is available from non-air-conditioned to air-conditioned rooms at prices ranging from 3,500 to I 0,000 Pesos per month per bed on sharing basis. There are plenty of eating places nearby. Indian food & catering arrangements are made for students from India. Laundry arrangements are there for students.
Transportation and Communication: Manila International Airport has several international flights from many countries. It is the gateway of international flights to the Philippines. In Manila Tricycle and Jeepneys are readily available and very cost efficient for travelling. Metro station also lies about 1.5 k.m from the college.
Advantages of joining AMA
- Well-established University: The private Medical College is built with modern infrastructure and provides well-developed facilities. The college offers a campus cafeteria, hostels, and other facilities.
- Excellent Faculty and Staff: Highly qualified professors create a healthy and educational ambiance for the learners. Every student is given extra care and, in the classes, problems are solved.
- Affordable Fees: Fees of AMA School of Medicine are very affordable.
- No Donation: MBBS admission in private medical colleges usually involves payment of donation or capitation fees but in AMA School of Medicine you are not required to pay any extra charges apart from tuition fees of the college.
- English Medium teaching: The College introduces the language of instruction as English. All the lectures are conducted in the English language for Indian Students.
- Easy Payment Schemes: The college has an amazing fee payment system; they allow you to make payments in small and easy installments. This reduces the burden of full payment at a time because full payment may not be affordable and I not possible for many parents to do so.
- Scholarships: Meritorious students may get benefited from the scholarship program.
- A large number of foreign Students: In the AMA school of medicine you can find a large number of students from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Iran, Yamen, and other Arabian and African countries. They celebrate festivals together and share a rich cultural diversity.
- Digital Library: College facilitates Digital Library, a place where you can find digital content, images, videos, and media graphics. You can access the library at any time and anywhere.
- Healthy and safe environment: Students get a safe and secure environment in the college. Any kind of threat and misbehavior is not considered in med school.
- Anti-Ragging Policy: AMA school of medicine has beautifully maintained the anti-ragging policy, and there has not been a single case of ragging in the college.
- Seminars: The University arranges seminars, workshops, and international conferences for the students so that they get the opportunity to learn and explore more about the medical world.
- Digitalized Classroom: AMA puts special emphasis on technology and facilitated digital classes solutions for better flexibility in learning.
- AMA Foreign students success: Highest FMG pass rate and outstanding achievement in USMLE from students of AMA School Medicine.
After class XII:
- Student should have passed class 12 with at least
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 and passed in English
- Should have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 11
- Preference will be given to students with better academic credentials
After class bachelor degree: 4 Year MD (MBBS) course:
- Students should have passed Bachelor with science
- Student should have passed class 12 with at least
- Minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 and passed English
- Should have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in class 11
- Preference to students with better academic credentials
The Admission Procedure in the Philippines is quite easy and simple. To take admitted to medical school, you have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria then you can proceed with the process. You should precisely follow the steps to avoid any hassle at the time of admission. Contact RARE EDUCATION for taking admission to the AMA School of Medicine. Follow some simple steps to get admission to the AMA School of Medicine:
Step 1: Fill out the Application Form with RARE EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
Step 2: Candidates are required to submit their scanned documents to RARE EDUCATION. Before submitting the documents cross-verify them.
Step 3: It takes about one or two weeks to review your application and issue a Confirmation Letter.
Step 4: Deposit the fees in the University’s Bank Account.
Step 5: Finally visit the Embassy of the Philippines for visa Application and other procedures. There are 4 Honorary Consulate Generals of the Philippines namely – New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Candidates for the MBBS programme must present the following supporting documentation for successful admission:
Syllabus & Tenure of Education
The syllabus is drawn up by doctors educated in Harvard Medical School, USA, and meets the latest international standards of Medical Education. Students after class XII take 5 years to complete medical education. Students with bachelor’s Degrees take 4 years to complete medical education. Pre-Medical: Students from India after class 12 first enroll in a pre-medical course for 2 years to get equivalency in the Philippines and be eligible for admission to the 4-year medical course. Students with a Bachelor’s Degree can be admitted directly to the MD course.
MD or MBBS Course:
The Medical Course in the Philippines is MD and equal to MBBS in India. The five-year medical course progresses from the study of the normal to the abnormal human being. Most subjects are yearly courses taken up for two semesters. The final year or clinical clerkship is mainly spent in actual patient care in affiliated Hospitals serving as the clinical laboratory. Hospital rounds and group discussions give the student a good perspective on bedside manners diagnosis and management. The clerks rotate through the different clinical departments for 48 weeks with periodic evaluations. The University has an arrangement with 3 hospitals Govt. Hospitals and the AFP Hospital for Clerkship.
MD 1st year: Normal Human Body
Cell and basic tissue (Integumentary system 1), Musculoskeletal system 1, Hematology and Immunology 1, Head and Neck, Special Senses, Gastrointestinal and Nutrition 1, Reproductive system, Endocrine system 1, Cardiovascular system 1, Pulmonary system 1, Renal system 1, Genetics, Perspectives in medicine and history of medicine, Applied Epidemiology, Behavioral medicine 1, Practice of Medicine 1
MD 2nd Year: Clinical subject
Pharmacology, Microbiology and Parasitology, Pathology, Cardiovascular system 2, Pulmonary system 2, Renal system 2, Hematology and Immunology 2, Infectious Disease, Musculoskeletal system 2, Integumentary system 2, Research Methodology, Medical Bioethics, Medical Research 1, Medical Information, Behavioral Medicine 2, The Practice of Medicine 2 (History taking, Physical Examination, Diagnostic Skills)
MD 3rd Year: Mechanism and Management of Human Disease
Clinical Neurosciences, Special Senses, Endocrine, Gastrointestinal-Nutrition, Men, women, and Children’s Health, Management of Health Programs, Behavioral l Medicine 2, Research projects, Legal Medicine and Medical Jurisprudence, Medical Informatics, Special Lectures, The Practice of Medicine 3 including Procedural Skills.
MD 4th Year: Post Graduate Internship Program (18 months):
Community Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Psychiatry, Anesthesia, Clinical Laboratory, Radiology, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, Rehabilitation Medicine, Orthopedics and Trauma.
- The exchange rate is subject to change. The exchange rate on the day of the transaction will be considered for the tuition fees.
- There will be no increase in fees during the duration of the course
Yes, AMA School of Medicine is recognized and accredited by various organizations and governing bodies, including the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS). It is also listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
The medical program at AMA School of Medicine has a duration of five years, which includes a one-year clinical internship. Students undergo both classroom-based learning and clinical training to gain comprehensive medical knowledge and practical skills.
Yes, all classes at AMA School of Medicine are conducted in English. English proficiency is essential to ensure effective communication and understanding among the diverse student body and faculty.
AMA School of Medicine offers scholarships and financial aid programs to deserving students. These opportunities are typically based on academic performance, financial need, or other specific criteria. Students can inquire about available scholarships during the application process.
AMA School of Medicine provides extensive clinical training opportunities in collaboration with its partner hospitals and healthcare institutions. Students gain hands-on experience and exposure to various medical specialties, ensuring a well-rounded education.
Yes, AMA School of Medicine offers postgraduate programs, including residency training and specialization options, allowing graduates to pursue advanced medical education and specialization in their chosen fields.